Sharing the Load
People always ask me how I do everything. Truth is, I don't! This guy right here literally carries the load.😉
Let me share with you a few things we do as a couple that has helped us stay strong in our marriage:
1) Think the best of one another, not the worst.
2) He gives me back-massages, which always leads to mutual intimacy.😉
3) Be a team player. Share the load. Literally.
4) If you're frustrated about something, speak up in a kind way, after the kids have gone to bed and you've had a few minutes to chill first.
5) Being opposites helps balance us out in a good way. Otherwise I would be broke, and he never would have had the courage to pursue his dreams.😉 (P.S. he's still getting there.)
6) Let him take out the trash, and you put the trash bag in. Otherwise, you will always be irritated that he forgot.😁
7) Speak his love language. He loves acts of service. So do it. And let him know what you love in return and he will do it too. Stop hinting and just be blunt with how you love to be loved. This isn't Hollywood, this is real life and a thriving relationship takes honest communication.
8) Pray together. It's amazing the intimacy and peace that is brought when you open up spiritual intimacy in your marriage.
What about you? What do you do to keep your marriage alive and thriving?